Sunday, July 27, 2008

SPIN CYCLE: Paper Route: Are We All Forgotten

Release: July 8, 2008

I clearly remember my first encounter with Paper Route. It was at Cornerstone Festival 2007 and I was talking with my friend Kevin before heading out to forge for food. A band was on the Gallery Stage setting up for their early evening set. We didn’t pay much attention. It had been a long day of music and there were keyboards galore. Everyone had a keyboard except the drummer, and I can’t be sure of that. I was scared.

Before I could leave, the first chords were stuck and I sat back down. No reason to fear here…besides, they were introduced as a band out of Nashville, how bad could it be?

Over the past year, Paper Route has captured my attention more and more. I have introduced some of my favorite locals to their live show and forced their first ep upon the ears of good friends, including one in Australia.

Are We All Forgotten is the band’s second ep and full of wonderful electronic meaty goodness.

Although I love this little disc of relational stress and hardship from front-to-back, the stand out track for me is #3 You Kill Me.

You pull me down

Underneath

My head

I can’t breathe

I can’t sleep

I can’t dream

And I can’t stop loving you kill me

Do yourself a favor…take 20 minutes out of your day to listen to the five tracks contained in this volume. This is not scary electronica.

Peace,

z



(c)2008 Wrosesongs
All Rights Reserved

No comments: