Friday, July 18, 2008

Final Thoughts – Cornerstone Festival 2008 – Day 8






















Sunday – Coming Home – July 6, 2008

Cornerstone Festival Week always seems to be the fastest moving week of the year. I tell people that what has kept me coming back 14 of the past 15 years are the people I have met, the stories held in my heart, and all those other things – a (mostly) good kind of family reunion.

The first people I remember meeting when I started going to the fest are Brad and Mary from Canada. Cstone is never complete until I see them, share a hug, and quickly go over the past year’s events. It’s supposed to be done and it’s beautiful.

People I missed this year…The Violet Burning. It feels like they are there every year. To be missing for this Anniversary was a little conspicuous. Hopefully, they will be back on schedule for 2009 (and not in competition with OTR, 77s, or the Myriad).

Yep, I wonder annually why I put myself through the daily sweat, unknown weather conditions, long drives there and back, relational dramas, and all the rest…but like an addict to crack, I keep going back and try to convince my friends – people I actually like, to come along.

This is the best time of the year…and I AM already looking forward to 2009.

Along with these, more pics from 2008 can be found here:

Peace and goodness,

z

No comments: