Friday, July 18, 2008

A Little Dust – Cornerstone Festival 2008 – Day 3


Tuesday – First Sounds – July 1, 2008


Pre-Fest! Oh the sights, the sounds, the…well…just the.

Today is the first day for signing up peeps who pre-registered as official Press for Cornerstone. Ummm..that’s all I’m saying…just…ummm…the…

Shari and Linda are scheduled to go into town to collect things for tomorrow’s “Not-So-New-BBQ” event. That should be fun.

This evening, I attended events at the Grrr Records stage. I got to the tent to see Jack London, a band of very tall gentlemen from Iceland kick my fest off right. Simon, the drummer, clocks in at 6’9. He is the tallest and the only band member name I can even begin to pronounce…Hey, I’m from the South, there are certain tones, words, and sounds I am restricted from making!

Tonight’s events were shared with Camp 77s boarders, John U and Elwoooooooodddddd! No better concert company can be had anywhere. I love sneaking peeks at Elwood enjoying music. He has such a sweetness that is always with him, but add music to the pot and ya got something special. I luvs me some Elwood.

Brother Red Squirrel was next up. Fun, fun, fun! Pure joy was pouring from the stage as Brother Red danced around and played his guitar with Maron and friends.

Closing out the night was the Glen Kaiser Band. Blues under the evening sky. During the set, Kaiser threw his harmonica (harp) into the audience right to sweet Elwood. Yep, he screamed like a girl but he’s forgiven. John decided I was good luck to sit by during shows as he reminded us that he was also sitting next to me at a concert last year or the year before when he caught a drum stick Steve Hindalong threw into the audience. Hummmm, maybe I should start charging people for the opportunity to sit next to me.

BTW, did I mention that the Reaper is squatting at Camp 77s???

No comments: