Sunday, September 21, 2008

Spin Cycle: Brooke Waggoner – Heal For the Honey

Released: 9/9/2008

Heal For The Honey, Brooke Waggoner’s first full length cd has finally been released and has proven to be a fantastic follow-up to her acclaimed ep, Fresh Pair of Eyes, which was offered as a free, ear tickling, download beginning in July 2007.


Waggoner, a Louisiana native, who studied classical piano, went to Louisiana State University to study Music Composition & Orchestration with hopes of one day having a career in scoring soundtracks and musicals. That all changed when she started attending live concerts while in school. There, she was introduced to a whole new world of music other than the classical compositions of her youth.


It’s not often that I find it hard to take a disc out of my cd player; Heal For The Honey is one of the exception. With songs that are at once reflective and playful, I keep going back to find another little treasure that I may have missed in my first 100 listens.


What I truly like about Heal For The Honey is that Brooke Waggoner does not sound like the thousands of other girl singers that I can pluck off of any store shelf. She has artfully blended classical and pop influences while masterfully blending her voice and piano in a stirring record that will long be remembered.


Peace,

zss


© 2008 Wrossongs

All Rights Reserved

No comments: