Monday, September 22, 2008

Just Saying: David Byrne at Grimey's

I like being employed - i really do -- but NOT when David Bryne is doing an in-store right down the road from me.

My job just didn't get it -- they didn't understand that i needed an extended lunch break in order to stand in a crowded record store and stare at him...and possibly babble something about him being one of my musical heroes.

He freaking road his bike to Grimey's, talked with people and signed stuff.

I am not normally starstruck, but he is different. Byrne chose to take musical chances when others were living safe. He "stopped making sense" long time ago.

His people called the store to ask if it was OK for him to stop by and do an in-store...and I had to freaking work!!!!

BUT...peeps I know were there....and peeps I know talk about how nice and humble a man he is.

And I had to freaking work!!!

peace,
z

1 comment:

JeanneThePolarBear said...

Damn, z, I'll bet that sucked. I don't think David Byrne has ever been within 10 miles of me, though. I do like his music, though.